Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi is one of the oldest crematoriums in the city. This crematorium is handled and maintained by a committee named Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC). It has been upgraded and new facilities have been added. These include the arrangement of an ambulance to the arrangement of pujaris, banquets for pujas, mortuary, restrooms for families or friends who came so far to attend the funeral and the facility of drinking water is also provided.
Two new electrics were constructed along with the installation of an air pollution control system by PCB to reduce the pollution and keep the environment safe and healthy. The crematorium has successfully undergone a planned renovation in the construction of a cremation ground.
Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi is expanded over a quite large area of 17 acres of land. And that’s why the renovation of the cremation ground was being planned in two phases. The facilities provided at the crematorium includes a large parking area, a waiting room, a beautiful garden, arrangement of pujaris and drinking water. Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi is popularly known as Hindu Crematorium.
The process of Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned numbers.
- It is compulsory to have a death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with ID proof.
- Only after verifying the details, the Cremation Manager allows for further procedure.
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect ashes.
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with a Death Certificate immediately.
What is the procedure to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the VaikunthShamshanbhoomi and check for the slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
- There will be priests inside the crematorium to assist you in the last rites.
Costs, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi
are as follows:
- The cost of the electric cremation fee for adult or minor is currently unavailable at this time.
- The cost of the wooden cremation fee for adult or minor is currently unavailable at this time.
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
How to reach Vaikunth Shamshanbhoomi
Full Address: Satsang Society, Lokamanya Nagar, Navi Peth, Sadashiv Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411030