Here are the full details about Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumi, including its address and contact details, facilities provided, and the procedure to follow inside the cremation ground.
How to reach Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumi
Full Address: Gunjan Chowk, Nagar Rd, Yerawada, Pune, Maharashtra 411006
The process of Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumi
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned numbers.
- It is compulsory to have a death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with ID proof.
- Only after verifying the details, the Cremation Manager allows for further procedure.
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect ashes.
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with a Death Certificate immediately.
What is the procedure to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumiand check for the slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
- There will be priests inside the crematorium to assist you in the last rites.
Costs, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumi are as follows:
- The cost of the electric cremation fee for adult or minor is currently unavailable at this time.
- The cost of the wooden cremation fee for adult or minor is currently unavailable at this time.
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
In the holy book Bhagavad Gita, the body is described as a vehicle and the soul as a driver. And it is clearly understood that no vehicle can run without a driver. The book describes the soul as insoluble, unbreakable, which can neither be burned nor dried. When a soul leaves the body, it reunites with God and is said to be liberated from the body. For those who accept this bitter truth, live in peace.
But whatever the truth is, when you lose something of value for the whole life, the pain you suffer lifelong can’t be imagined. And the body must not be long-awaited for being buried or burnt.
There are separate areas for the cremation of deceased ones called crematoriums. Amardham Hindu Shamshan Bhumi is one of the top crematoriums in Pune with the services provided. This cremation ground is equipped to control air pollution, which means the air released into the atmosphere is clean and doesn’t pollute the environment.