Here are the full details about Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghat, including its address and contact details, facilities provided and the procedure to follow inside the cremation ground.
How to reach Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghat
Nearest Metro Station: New Garia Metro Station, also known as Kavi Subash Metro Station
The closest landmark from the crematorium ground is Vivekananda Hindi Medium High School.
Full Address: Boral Main road, Prantik Pally, Kamdahari, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700084
The process of Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghat
- They don’t have an online booking facility, so the priorities are set on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You can book an ambulance by contacting the below-mentioned numbers.
- It is compulsory to have a death confirmation of a person from a doctor or hospital authorities along with ID proof.
- Only after verifying the details, the Cremation Manager allows for further procedure.
- The burning process of the body will be completed within 1 to 1.5 hours and later you can collect ashes.
- After the completion of the cremation, you will be provided with a Death Certificate immediately.
What is the procedure to be followed after reaching the cremation ground?
- Meet the crematorium manager first as soon as you reach the Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghat and check for the slot availability.
- If the slot is available, go on and buy the samagries from the shops inside the crematorium and take the deceased on a stretcher to an electric or wooden chamber.
- In case of unavailability of the slot, wait for your turn in the waiting room.
- There will be priests inside the crematorium to assist you in the last rites.
Costs, Facilities and Services offered by the cremation ground authorities
The cost of the services provides at Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghat are as follows:
- The adult electric cremation registration fee: Rs 250/-
- The adult wooden cremation fee: Rs 220/-
- The minor electric cremation registration fee: Rs 130/-
- The minor wooden cremation fee: Rs 80/-
- The wood cremation complete charge Rs 2392/- for an adult and Rs 1200/- for a child.
Facilities available at the crematorium are:
- Free drinking water
- Wide and open parking place
- A proper neat and clean waiting place
- Pujari service is available
Death is inevitable. It leaves people in memories and unbearable pain. But no birth has ever witnessed mortality. So, leaving all your disdain behind, one must keep the courage to give a redemption of a deceased soul. For this, there are some of the cremation grounds with the best services provided.
Garia adi Mahashamshan Burning Ghatis a place for a clean and truly calm funeral of the deceased ones. It has facilities of both electric furnace and wooden pyre. This shamshan is generally known for The Twin Temples structured inside the ghat. This burning ghat comes under The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) and is maintained by them also.